How to add, edit or delete a child’s details
When adding a new member to your library or an existing member needs to be updated, the only place where a child’s details can be added or amended is in the Member Detail page. As explained in the Member Detail page article, there are a number of ways to access this page.
Add a child
Once there, to the right of the page, you will see a section for Children.
To add a new child, fill in the fields and click Save.
- dob: date of birth – click the box and select a date from the calendar that appears
- First name: self-apparent
- Surname: this automatically fills with the surname of the member. If it’s a different name however just delete and type in another surname
- Sex: select from the dropdown menu
Once you click Save the name will appear in a list underneath.
- id: the number to identify/record the child
- DOB: date of birth
- Name/Surname/Gender: self-apparent
- Notes: any relevant information regarding the child will appear here. For example, if they have a special need
- Memid: the id number of the member to whom the child belongs to
Delete a child
To delete the child’s name, click the orange Delete button.
Edit a child
To edit the child’s details, click the pink Edit button.
Make any changes or add any relevant notes and click Save.
A Success message will appear.
Clicking the Back to Member Details or Member Details button will take you to the member’s detail page.
Clicking the Member List button will take you to the list of all your active members.
You can view all member’s children in the Children List page.
You can also edit or delete their details there as well.