Add a New Member
Once you have created your different membership types, you can now start adding in your members. MiBaseNZ has a rather detailed New Members page which will automatically assign your member the next available ID number.
Go to Member -> New Member
This page has a lot of areas to complete. Some are mandatory and others depend on what your toy library would like to use/fill in.
Points to be aware of:
Contact Detail 1
- First Name and Surname – these are mandatory
- Suburb – choose a suburb from the dropdown box. If you have not set this up yet, follow this link Suburbs – create, delete or edit to do so.
- City – choose a city from the dropdown box. If you have not set this up yet, follow the link Cities – add or delete to do so.
- Postcode – once you have selected a suburb, the postcode will auto-fill if you added that in the Suburb page.
- Region – this is completed already based on the default region you have chosen in the admin setting. If you have not set this up yet, follow this link How to setup a Default Region to do so.
- Date Joined – this automatically fills in the day’s date.
- Party Location – this is only relevant if the library has the Party Pack module. If it does, add an address only if different to the home address.
- Membership Type – this is mandatory. Select from the dropdown box the membership the member would like. If you have not set this up already, please go to this link Create a new Membership to do so.
- Member Status – this automatically selects ACTIVE
- Source – choose a source from the dropdown box. If you have not set this up yet, follow this link Sources – add or delete to do so.
- Roster Preference 1/2/3 – this applies to Duty members. From the dropdown menu, members can choose what times they would prefer to complete a duty. If you have not set these options up yet, go to this link Roster Preferences – add or delete to do so.
- Language other than English (LOTE) – choose a nationality/language from the dropdown box. If you have not set this up yet, follow this link Language other than English (LOTE) – add or delete to do so.
Once you filled in all the data, click the “Save Member” at the top of the page. You will then see information relevant to the member you have added and that they have been successfully saved. The Membership fee added can be seen on the member’s Payments page.
If you click “OK”, you will be taken back to the Member Detail page.
If you click “Send Welcome Email”, you will be taken to the Welcome Email template. At the bottom of this page, click “Send Welcome Email”.
If you have not already set this template up, go to Setup -> Email Templates.